| FULL NAME:
|| Christodoulos Vassiliades
|| 15 Symis Street, 2044 Strovolos, Lefkosia, Cyprus
|| (+357) 22 814777 / (+357) 99 669311
|| (+357) 22 321342
| DATE OF BIRTH:
|| 14 July 1965
| PLACE OF BIRTH:
|| Lefkosia (Nicosia) - Cyprus
| MARITAL STATUS:
|| Christian Orthodox
- Strovolos Gymnasium, Lefkosia (September 1977 - June 1980)
- Strovolos Lyceum, Lefkosia, Department of Classic Studies (September 1980 - June 1983), General average grade: Excellent (19/20)
- Athens University, Degree in Theology, Department of Theological Studies, Greece, 1983-1987.
- Aristoteleion University of Thessaloniki, Diploma of Postgraduate Studies, Department of Pastoral and Social Theology, Postgraduate Studies, Branch of Specialization: Canonical Justice and Pastoral, Greece, 2001-2003.
- Aristoteleion University of Thessaloniki, PhD, Department of Pastoral and Social Theology, Greece, 2010.
- University of Macedonia (Thessaloniki), PhD Candidate in Music, 2013.
- Piano Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent unanimously with distinction”, May 1983.
- Piano Diploma, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent unanimously and B' Prize”, May 1991.
- Byzantine Ecclesiastical Music Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent”, June 1988.
- Byzantine Ecclesiastical Music Diploma, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent unanimously”, June 1989.
- Byzantine Ecclesiastical Music Diploma, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent unanimously and A' Prize”, June 1996.
- Harmony Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Very Good”, October 1988.
- Counterpoint Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Very Good”, October 1989.
- Band Orchestration Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Very Good”, April 1990.
- Harmony Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent unanimously”, June 2011.
- Traditional Violin Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent”, May 2013.
- Piano Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent”, January 2014.
- Counterpoint Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent”, January 2014.
- Odiki Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent”, June 2014.
- ATCL Recital in Piano, Trinity College London, June 2014.
- Fugue Degree, Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts, grade: “Excellent unanimously”, January 2016.
- Four-year study at ARTE Music Academy.
- Study for one semester at Plovdiv Academy of Music, Dance and Fine Arts.
- Grade 8 in Violin (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music).
- Grade 8 in Theory of Music with distinction (Guildhall School of Music & Drama).
- Grade 8 in Theory of Music (Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music).
- Grade 8 in Piano with distinction (Guildhall School of Music & Drama).
Word, Excel, Quark Xpress, Adobe Photoshop, Finale, Sibelius.
- Greek (native language).
- English (very good) - Toefl, IGCSE, Level 7 National Institute of Education.
- French (reading, writing and comprehension, quite good) - Delf A2, Delf A3, 3rd year of National Institute of Education.
- German (reading, writing and comprehension, moderate).
- Latin (reading, writing and comprehension, moderate).
Awards - Scholarships
- 1983 - Moral and Record Award. Ethnomartyras Kyprianos Lyceum.
- 1983 - State scholarship for literature studies, which was not accepted
He has been a piano student of the following teachers and pianists:
Maro Strovolidou, Olga Mavronicola, Kostis Gaitanos, Max Hallecker, George Aravides and Christiana Loizides.
He also attended piano lessons and Masterclass with:
Martino Tirimo, Grenneth Pryor, Kendall Taylor, Garola Grindea, Christopher Elton, Alberto Portugheis, Catherine Volf, Kuthron Sturrok, David Price, Joanna Leach and others.
|| Pianist and accompanist of ever-remembered Papastavros Papagathangelou in various manifestations
|| Pianist of the Aglantzia Municipality choir.
Concerts in Cyprus, Former USSR and Greece.
|| Studies in Morley College in the classes of Martino Tirimo (Advanced) and Gwenneth Pryor (Advanced Performers' Group: Solo Piano).
| Artistic Director and pianist of the choir of "Associations of E.O.K.A. Fighters 1955-59".
Concerts and manifestations in Cyprus.
|| Conductor and pianist of the choir of "Fighting Cyprus".
Concerts and manifestations in Cyprus.
|| Concert and visiting piano teacher at the State Conservatory of Holstebro in Denmark.
|| Musical Examiner in the following Conservatories: Lyrikon Conservatory of Cyprus and Pallouriotissa, Arpa Conservatory of Cyprus, Conservatory of Stelios Kyriakou, Musical Academy of M. Michaelidou, Emmetron Music School.
|| Participation in Conservatories' committees for piano, Byzantine music and higher theory examinations (Hellenic Conservatory of Nicosia, Hellenic Conservatory of Archangelos, Lyrikon Conservatory of Cyprus, Emmetron Music School and other).
|| Piano accompaniment in ballet school of Demetra Moustra.
Organization of concerts and higher lessons with the following:
- Piano: Kazimierz Gierzod, Joyse Mildren, Gwenneth Pryor, Pamela Lidiard, Angela and Dana Marinescu and John Hallecker.
- Guitar: Demetri Regginos and Alexander Rengatch.
- Song: Myrto Georgiadou and Marina Mpilmezi.
- Dulcimer: Christos Farit.
|| Deputy music teacher in various secondary schools in Cyprus.
|| Teacher of piano, mild song, theory lessons in Hellenic Conservatory of Nicosia.
Piano accompaniment to classical song students.
|| Director of Lyrikon Conservatory of Nicosia and Lyrikon College of Cyprus.
Teacher of piano, Byzantine music and higher theory in Lyrikon College of Cyprus.
Conductor of Mixed Byzantine Choir of Lyrikon College of Cyprus.
Piano accompaniment to classical song and violin students.
|| Artistic counselor of Lyrikon Conservatory of Cyprus.
|| Performance of classical music work in television and radio programs (CBC and LOGOS). Also performance of his own compositions.
|| Left Chorister in Ayios Demetrios of Akropoli and Panayia Phaneromeni churches.
|| Member of the Byzantine choir of the Holy Monastery of Kykko.
|| Byzantine music professor in Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts.
|| Teacher in Byzantine Music School of Kykko Holy Monastery.
|| Participation in concerts and contests in Cyprus, Italy, Switzerland (Geneva), San Francisco (USA), Poland and Brussels (Belgium).
|| Teacher at ARTE Music Academy (tertiary education).
|| Byzantine music teacher at Odeio Rodou Katy Kastrouni.
He has attended violin lessons with the following:
Themis Christodoulou, Demetra Angelopoulou, Antonella Mousilli, Wolfgang Schroeder, Lintita Nina and Antri Hadjievaggelou.
He has also attended lessons with Pavlos Hoplaros.
|| Member of the string orchestra "Themis Christodoulou".
Classical Music concerts in Cyprus.
Attendance in several TV and radio programs.
He attended higher theory lessons with the following:
Leandros Sitaros, Costas Ioannides, Evangelos Demopoulos and George Aravides in the central Hellenic Conservatory of Music & Arts.
Representative of Examinations
|| General representative of Guildhall School of Music & Drama examinations (Corporation of London) for Cyprus and Greece.
|| Representative of Trinity Guildhall examinations.
|| Representative of Rockschool examinations.
|| Substitute religion knowledge teacher in secondary schools and high schools.
Regular collaboration with "LOGOS radio television" magazine.
Painting - Hagiography
He was taught hagiography by the following hagiographers:
Father Gabriel, Father Kallinicos of Stavrovouni, Nicolas Vranos, Christos Liondas, brothers Lepoura, Father Arsenios (Bourazeri, Mount Athos), Father Romanos (Holy Monastery of Parakletos).
He painted hundreds of icons, some of which have been printed.
He was taught painting by the following painters:
Lefteris Economou and Nandia Christoforou.
He organized two collective painting exhibitions, with the students of Lefteris Economou.
|| Producer of musical and other programmes in "LOGOS" radio station.
Responsible for byzantine and classical music.
Fulfilment of indoor and outdoor recordings of several concerts.
School of Traditional Music of "LOGOS" Radio-television station
|| Director of the traditional music school of "LOGOS" radio-television station.
Organization of speeches and seminars with Ross Daily, Aristidis Mosxos and his collaborators and with the Romanian traditional music group.
Composer - Instrumentalist
He has attended composition lessons at ARTE Music Academy with Andreas Moustoukis. Composition of works for piano, violin, songs, signal music (for the Radio and TV of Logos). Some of them have been played in students examinations, in various concerts or from Radio-TV stations.
He has set to music poems of father Germanos Stavrovouniotis, father Nicodemos Skretas, father Andreas Perdikis, Charalambos Mpousias, Kypros Chrysanthis, Roula Ioannidou-Stavrou, Demetris Kozakos, Mesut Senol and others.
Production of Digital Discs (CD)
- "To Lord - Melodies of Devotion". Religious songs of poems of father Germanos Stavrovouniotis and music of Christodoulos Vassiliades and Gerasimos Papadopoulos.
- "For Faith and Fatherland". Patriotic songs of 1950-60 decade, and also composition and orchestration by Christodoulos Vassiliades.
- "Classical Collection. Pieces for piano Vol.1". Piano: Christodoulos Vassiliades.
- "Theodore Osten - Easy children pieces for piano, Op.61". Piano: Christodoulos Vassiliades.
- "Patriotic Songs". By the choir of "Associations of E.O.K.A. Fighters 1955-59". Piano: Christodoulos Vassiliades.
- "Glory to Heaven, Peace on Earth". Orchestral work. Composition: Christodoulos Vassiliades. Orchestration: Akis Pavlou.
- "Goodmorning, My Jesus". Composition: Christodoulos Vassiliades. Verse: father Nicodemos Skretas (under publication).
Participation in congresses
Participation in Paneuropean and International congresses, like:
- 20th Paneuropean congress of European Piano Teachers Association (EPTA).
Recommendation topic: "The evolution of Greek demotic and Church music and its influence on the Western Music".
- B' International Musicology and Chanting Congress, Athens, Theory and Practical of Chanting: The genies of Byzantine Chanting, October 2003.
Recommendation topic: "Musical code of Stavrovouni Monastery 30 (Kalophonicon Ermologion of year 1823). The chanting tradition in Cyprus in 19th century and its relation to the C' Patriarchic Music School of Constantinople (1815-1821)".
- C' International Musicology and Chanting Congress, Athens, Theoria and Praxis of the Psaltic Art, The Octaechia, The Genera of the Intervals of the Byzantine Oktoechos, October 2006.
Recommendation topic: "The intervals of the diatonic genus according to two Cypriot theory books".
- A' International Conference for Byzantine Music. Thessaloniki 2007. "The Byzantine music in the 21st century. Questionings and prospects".
Recommendation topic: "Corrective recommendations of economos Charalambos (1940) to contemporary musical publications".
- IV' International Cyprological Congress, Society of Cypriot Studies, Nicosia 29 April - 3 May 2008.
Recommendation topic: "The chromatic modes of Byzantine music according to two Cypriot theoreticians of music (Stylianos Chourmouzios and economos Charalambos)".
- 1st International Piano Forum, EPTA, Rhodes, 12-14 September 2008, Rhodes - Greece.
Recommendation topic: "The meaning of tempo in the performance of piano works".
- 2nd International Piano Forum & Zina Bachauer International Music Festival, September 2009, Rhodes - Greece.
Recommendation topic: "An introduction to the compositions of Christodoulos Vassiliades".
- IV' Congress Musicological-Psaltic, Theoria and Praxis of the Psaltic Art, "The Genera of the (Hellenic) Byzantine Rhythmopoeia", and Psaltic Subjects. Athens, December 2009.
Recommendation topic: "The meaning of the rhythm according to two Cypriot theoretical books".
- 3rd Rhodes International Piano Forum and Rhodes Art International Music Festival, 11-14 September 2010, Rhodes - Greece.
Recommendation topic: "Piano sight-reading".
- 4th Rhodes International Piano Forum and Rhodes Art International Music Festival, 10-13 September 2011, Rhodes - Greece.
Recommendation topic: "The correlation between technique and interpretation in piano learning".
- 5th Rhodes International Piano Forum and Rhodes Art International Music Festival, 22-25 July 2012, Rhodes - Greece.
Recommendation topic: "Piano experiences in London".
- Typikon of the Greek-Orthodox Christian Church.
- The contribution of the ecclesiastical music to the pastoral work of the Church (PhD dissertation).
B) Hagiography - Contemporary Thought Essay - Historic
- The technique of Hagiography (Various ways of creating Sacred Icons).
- Memories of Theodosis Papachristodoulou, Michael Rossides and Vassilis Vassiliades from the E.O.K.A struggle.
- Christodoulos G. Valiantis - Biography.
- Andreas Kaimis, Memories from the 2nd World War, the E.O.K.A. struggle 1955-59, and the 1974 war.
- Stelios Vassiliades, Memories from the E.O.K.A. struggle.
- Pelopidas Vassiliades, Memories from the E.O.K.A. struggle, 2010.
C) Chanting Skill, Church Music
- The Great Prayer Canon.
- Isocratima - Melodized Hymns.
D) European Music
- Ten Variations for Piano Op.1. (Composition: 1988-89. Printing: 1996).
- Memories Op. 2.
- Improvisations Op. 3. (under publication).
- Eighteen variations for violin Op. 4. (Composition: 1988-89. Printing: 1996).
- Emerging Memories (Music: Christodoulos Vassiliades. Poetry: Roula Ioannidou-Stavrou).
- From left and right - the piano. Greek version.
- From left and right - the piano. English version (under publication).
- To Lord - Melodies of Devotion (Poems of Father Germanos Stavrovouniotis set to music in Byzantine and European writing).
- Theory of Music (Synoptic and systematic way of European Music Theory presentation).
- Synoptic Composers Dictionary - Basic Music Forms.
- Professor at St. Cyril and St. Methodius University of Veliko Turnovo.
- Lecturer at ARTE Music Academy (tertiary education).
- Teacher in Byzantine Music and Higher Theory at Hellenic Conservatory Athens.
- Teacher in Piano, Violin and Higher Theory at Hellenic Conservatory Archangelos.
- Teacher in Byzantine Music School of Kykko's Holy Monastery.
- Member of the Byzantine chanting choir of Kykko's Holy Monastery.
- Director of Saint Taisia publications and of the Greek Music Examinations C.V.
- Representative of Rockschool examinations for Cyprus.
- Music examiner in various conservatories.
- President of the Cyprus Association of Orthodox Tradition "Friends of Mount Athos".
He is a member in:
- Company of Cypriot Studies
- Cypriot Company of Historic Studies
- Pancyprian Association of Greek Theologians (P.A.G.T.)
- European Piano Teachers Association (E.P.T.A.)